Infomation

Thursday, March 5, 2015

SNOW MUCH FUN! Southern Utah Family Photographer

 
 
"Whooo hoo!  It's snowed all day and there is about a foot of snow.  Can we go tubbing?" my children say when they come racing in from school.  We've been waiting all season to get this much snow and aren't going to miss out on the chance to make some icy memories, homework and chores are on hold!  Snow boots get mixed up, someone's gloves aren't a matching set, and we can't foget the monster hats.  While the kids are getting bundled up the air compressor is working as fast as it can to pump up the tubes while I race in to grab my camera.  Today I decided to take my 75-300mm lens, just to see what kind of pictures I can get (as a challenge to myself). 
Before anyone is allowed to go down the hill I race down to get into 'camera position." LOL!  By then they are all lined up, and anxious to get going.  "GO!" I hollar and the fun begins.  Tubes, sleds, boards, etc. come flying at me, kicking up clouds of snow.  For a couple hours (yes, a couple) my ears are filled with shouts of "Whoo hoo!" and laughter.  I LOVE standing at the bottom and catching the excitement with my camera; the snowy faces, huge grins, great crashes, and daring tricks. 
I quickly figured out that I was going to get some pretty close shots using this lens, so that's what I focus on most.  Can I just say, it's not easy tracking a speading tube down a hill and keeping everything in foucs to get just the right shot, LOL!  I can't even count how many times I almost got knocked out and barely moved a leg just in time to let the speeding bullet by.  Oh man, it was soooo much fun!  These are just a FEW of the shots I got.  I love to capture the action and feeling of the occassion and was so pleased with these photos.
 
 
Meet my little snowman!  Him and his sister won't come in until it's dark every night!  They love to flip off their sled at any given moment while flying down the hill, for a dramatac effect.  And snow in the face? No problem, just brush it off and do it again!
 
 
Of course my daring one is all about going down in style .. love it!  If he can find a cool way to do it, he will! :)
 
 
And my baby can actually move in his marshmallow outfit this year ... which makes the experience much more fun for him.  Look at how he just hunker's down in the speeding sled that has no directions ... lol!
 
 
This crazy girl is a snow woman!  She could play in the snow for hours everyday!  And she always has her tongue hanging out to change snowflakes the entire time!
 
 
Love her wild, out of control hair!   The contrast of the white snow, black pants and her big blue eyes is just amazing!  (and a tricky shot).
 
 
These guys were our sledding buddies ... cousins are awesome!
 
The rest of these photos are just some fun action shots, big crashes, etc.  It makes me SOOOO happy to see my children having a blast together.  These relationships are the most valuable and it's worth two hours of freezing cold weather to bond together and have fun!
 
 
 
Great crash!
 
 
How many people can you pile on a tube?  And how many actually make it to the bottom?  lol
 
 
I just have to say that my kids have the best dad ever!  He's a kid just like they are!
 
 
Whoo!  What a blast!  Thanks for joining us on our awesome snow adventure!  See you on the slopes!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment